Open Course - Webinar
Introduction to Liability Claims and Litigation Procedures
This live on-line interactive insurance webinar is designed to introduce delegates to the world of liability claims and litigation procedures. During the session we will discuss how liability arises and what happens if claims cannot be settled without the need of litigation. It is designed for those new to the world of liability insurance or anyone who has a general interest. The trainer will guide the learners through the common Torts and Acts that often give rise to liability claims.
The webinar will be highly interactive with delegate participation and engagement throughout.
The webinar is delivered by a Certified Online Learning Facilitator.
At the end of the webinar delegates will understand:
- The claims process in general and how this applies to liability claims
- Contract law and insurance documentation
- How liability claims can arise
- Litigation procedures
- The claims process and the importance of managing expectations
- Claims reserving and its impact on insurers
- Contract law and Insurance documentation and how this applies to liability claims
- The importance of proximate cause and utmost good faith
- Case studies to bring handling liability claims to life
- Overview of the litigation process
This is a simple and straightforward introduction. It is participative, interactive and over 2 hours dispels many of the myths associated with “understanding the numbers”.