Effective Date: 13-Apr-2023
Last Updated: 13-Apr-2023
London Market Training considers data protection and security seriously and fully complies with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act of 1998.
Information we collect:
In order to provide you with our services, we need to collect some personal information from you. This is collected in a number of ways:
- through forms on our website
- if you make an enquiry or booking for one of our training courses via telephone, or email
- via a referral from your line manager or a nominated person within your organisation
- when you communicate with us for any reason, including by email, postal mail or telephone
If you or your nominated representative provide information to us, London Market Training consider this to be confirmation of your consent to us, in order that we may use that information to provide a service to you.
This information helps us to make our website more engaging and allows us to tailor our content to suit our audience.
Occasionally we may have links to other relevant websites and/or social media on our website. These services may leave cookies on your computer when you use them, especially if you are already logged in to their service. London Market Training cannot access these cookies nor control their use. Similarly, these 3rd party services cannot access London Market Training’s session or analytics cookies.
If you do not wish to accept cookies, you can set your own cookie preferences on your computer.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store about you is used only to help us provide services to you and to enable us to communicate about subjects of legitimate interest with you.
Storing Your Personal Data
The personal information you provided to us is stored electronically and on paper copies at London Market Training’s offices. Electronic data is stored as encrypted files.
We will store this data indefinitely for statistical purposes and to inform you of any relevant updates or courses which relate to your continuing professional development (CPD).
If you do not want us to store this data for these reasons, please tell us.
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet (including email) is not completely secure and therefore, although we try our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
We may need to disclose your personal information to:
- any third party we contract to act on our behalf, including contractors who are providing a training course on our behalf
- Individuals within your organisation nominated by you or your employer. Those individuals may be your line manager, group managers or learning and development staff.
- professional organisations who are responsible for issuing an accreditation for your completed training
- partners with whom we work to provide services
- any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party
- we will never supply your data to any third party organisation for marketing purposes.
When we do share your information with other parties, we will do so in a manner which complies with the GDPR. This means we will:
- have data sharing agreements in place with all third parties, and ensure that they have mechanisms in place to comply with GDPR and keep your data safe
- only share information which is relevant to the service we are providing, for example we would not share dietary requirements unless it is a training event where lunch is provided.
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our website or within the documentation we provide to you.
If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their own privacy policies which you should review.
We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for their policies as we have no control over them.
The website allows you to share or follow information about us such as blogs and special offers using third party social networking (i.e. “share this”, “like” or “follow” buttons).
We offer this as part of our marketing strategy to generate interest in London Market Training. Sharing personal or non-personal information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider and being made visible to the public, including through Internet search engines.
Please note that we do not endorse any social networking platforms, nor do we control their policies or practices.
The internet is of course a global digital environment, therefore using the Internet to collect and process personal information may involve transmitting this personal information on an international basis. If you browse our website and enter into any electronic communication with us, you acknowledge that we process personal information in this way. However, we will endeavour to protect all personal information collected through our website in order to comply with strict data protection standards.
Access to Information
Should you wish to access or update the personal information that we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details below.
By using our website or services, you consent to the collection and use of information as outlined in within this policy.