Open Course - Webinar
Introduction to Construction Insurance
About the course
This live on-line interactive insurance webinar is designed to introduce delegates, who have some experience of general commercial insurance, to Construction insurance.
The course will be highly interactive with delegate participation and engagement throughout. This half day course consists of two 90 minute on-line sessions with a 15 minute break.
The course is delivered by a Certified On-Line Learning Facilitator (COLF) who is an ACII, Chartered Insurance Broker, with over 40 years insurance experience.
At the end of the webinar delegates will be able to:
- Outline the scope of contract works insurance and the different ways insurers provide the cover
- Describe the standard structure and content of contract works and contractors liability insurance policies identifying some of the extensions available
- Describe the underwriting process
- Identify the information insurers require to assess and price risks
- Overview of Construction Risks
- Importance of Contract conditions
- Overview of Contractors’ liability risks
- Who is indemnified
- Significant Exclusions and Conditions
- Overview of Contract Works Risks
- What property is Insured
- Who is Insured
- When does cover apply
- Ways cover can be arranged
- Exclusions and extensions
- The information insurers require to assess construction risks