Open Course - Webinar
Intermediate Level Motor Traders Insurance and Fleet Policies
About the course
This live on-line interactive insurance webinar aims to increase your knowledge of motor traders’ insurance and motor fleet policies. Looking at how best to present the risk to the underwriter and also how the client can do more to mitigate claims losses and better manage their risk.
Within the course we will closely look at how the underwriter rates this type of risk, what represents a good risk (as well as a poor risk), the UK & EU legislation surrounding motor vehicles and how the Civil Procedure Rules relate to motor claims.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is working in the insurance industry within commercial insurance. This course will be of particular interest to those who deal with or will be dealing with motor traders or businesses that have a large and diverse or specialist number of vehicles. This is an intermediate course which is most suitable for those who have knowledge of the industry and want to know more.
- To increase your understanding and knowledge of Motor Trader’s & Fleet Insurance
- To better understand and advise your client on the risk management of the industry and how to mitigate losses
- To have a greater understanding of the underwriting considerations including capacity and specialist businesses
- To have a greater understanding of the legal implications relating to motor insurance and any recent changes to the law
- To have a better understanding of the Civil procedure rules and how they can affect the costs to the insured
- The legislation relating to motor traders and fleet owners
- The legal implications of owning a business that needs to insure motor vehicles
- The underwriting considerations and how fleet and motor traders’ insurance is rated
- The liabilities of owning business vehicles and the legal procedures relating to claims
- The risk management within the industry and managing claims costs