In House - Webinar
Business Correspondence Writing Skills
Modern languages evolve over time. So too does the style of business writing. Even going back just one generation, the layout and format of formal correspondence differed from those of today. It is therefore useful to review the modern style of written communications to keep pace with best practice.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to write concise, precise and readable written business communication, which is appropriate to their audience.
The webinars will be highly interactive with delegate participation and engagement throughout. Some practical work will be undertaken by delegates between sessions.
The live webinar is delivered by a Certified Online Learning Facilitator.
At the end of the webinar delegates will be able to:
- Organise and structure documents logically to make them readable and easy to understand
- Write letters and emails which are concise, accurate and readable
- Use vocabulary, punctuation, tense and sentence construction to achieve the required style and tone of the document
- Write in a style appropriate to the readership of the document and according to their personal situation
- Plan and prepare notes constructively, spending time to produce effective letters reducing unnecessary rework
- Evaluate the written document
- Style and content and why it matters
- What is Plain English
- The use of positive language
- Overview of grammar
- The importance of planning
- Structuring difficult/sensitive letters
- Skills Practice