Open Course - Webinar
Introduction to Using Technology to Manage Motor Claims
When writing an insurance policy, an insurer is effectively making a promise to the policyholder that, in the event where a loss event occurs that the insured is protected for under the policy, it will pay out the claim.
Simply put, an insurance company collects premiums and settles claims on behalf of its policyholders. Consequently, one of its key drivers of profitability depends on how the insurer settles its claims, the speed of its claim settlement process or how easy its claims process is. With the ever-increasing advancements in technology, the claim function of an insurance company has evolved.
This 90-mins webinar provides an introduction to the current advancements in technologies used in managing claims. The webinar will look at different aspects of the claim process which could be automated using technology and gives the participant an idea of how data and technology can support in reserving.
This course is being delivered by London Market Training Ltd in partnership with Intrepid Tech Ventures Ltd.
By the end of the webinar delegates will have a basic understanding of:
- Conversational interfaces and their uses cases in the claims handling process
- How appropriate use of technology will speed up the assessment of damage and faster settlement of claims
- risk calculation and assessment using telematics data
- areas where blockchain can support claims handling and fraud detection
- Claims Quantification using data analytics
- Limitations of these new technologies