This live on-line interactive insurance webinar introduces delegates to the basics of reinsurance.
This live on-line interactive insurance webinar will be highly interactive with delegate participation and engagement throughout. There will be two 75-minute sessions with a break of approximately 30 minutes between each session.
The webinar is delivered by a Certified Online Learning Facilitator, with over 30 years insurance experience.
Who should attend?
This course has been designed for anyone with an interest in knowing more about reinsurance and for people with less than three years’ experience of reinsurance.
At the end of the webinar delegates will be able to:
- Understand the need for reinsurance and its use by insurers
- Understand the reinsurance market
- Demonstrate the difference between proportional and non-proportional reinsurance
- Describe the characteristics of facultative, treaty and contract methods of reinsurance
- Describe the various types of reinsurance proportional and nonproportional contracts and the key clauses therein
- Describe the legal principles of reinsurance and the importance of information about the original risk to the underwriter