This course is designed to help delegates make meetings more productive and efficient. It will focus on the essential skills and confidence to make meetings successful.
By the end of the workshop discussion and coaching, participants will be able to:
- make meetings more productive and successful
- understand behaviours and individual styles in meetings
- help ensure consensus amongst those attending meetings
- ensure relevant and constructive participation from everyone
- make sure positive results follow the meeting
- the benefits and pitfalls of meetings – including board meetings
- who should attend and what do they need to know?
- where should the meeting be and in what format?
- what is the meeting intended to achieve?
- effective planning and preparation
- chairing meetings – the chairperson’s responsibilities
- understanding behaviour in meetings
- promoting constructive involvement and conduct in meetings
- understanding and promoting consensus
- ensuring participation and control – staying focused and on track – managing digressions
- review and following up – agreeing actions and responsibilities and documenting the content and output of the meeting
- managing the progress outside of the meetings
- continuity from one meeting to the next