This course provides a good awareness of legal issues which affect the handling of claims and theprocedures required for a successful outcome.
Who should attend?
This course is for all those involved in claims handling, either as a broker or under a delegated authority scheme or working for an insurer.
- principles of Insurance as applied to claims handling
- the Insurance Contract and its legal implications
- the English court system
- alternative dispute resolution
- the life cycle of a claim
- the importance of reserves
- the structure of claims files
- proof of loss
- claims settlement options
- court proceedings and the protocol involved
- specific aspects affecting ‐ injury claims ‐ third party claims ‐ breaches of statutory liability resulting in claims