In House - Classroom
Introduction to Professional Indemnity and Directors and Officers Liability
This is a one-day interactive workshop (half a day- Professional Indemnity, half a day Directors and Officers Liability) with a mixture of tuition and case studies based on sample clients, proposal forms and policy wordings.
Who should attend?
This course aims to give delegates an understanding of the two types of insurance designed to insure against these two different but occasionally confused types of exposure.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- duty of care owed by professionals
- examples of professional negligence claims
- “Professional Indemnity” or “Errors and Omissions”?
- Industries where professional negligence claims can arise
- “Professional” – “Non-Professional”
- Professional Indemnity/Errors and Omissions
- key benefits
- Proposal and underwriting process
- typical policy coverage
- claims process including incident reporting
- current Professional Indemnity insurance market
- key players
- Directors and Officers Liability
- sources and types of claim against Directors and Officers
- Directors and Officers responsibilities
- Directors and Officers Policy
- key benefits
- Directors and Officers proposal and underwriting process
- Directors and Officers policy structure and coverage
- how Directors and Officers Liability dovetails with other liability coverages claims process
- current Directors and Officers Liability market