In House - Webinar
Introduction to Farming Insurance
£700 + VAT
This live on-line interactive insurance webinar is designed to introduce delegates to the major covers found in a farming combined policy. It discusses the nature of farm buildings and machinery and explores the range of cover available. The most appropriate way of arranging Business Interruption cover will be explored, including a calculation to determine the correct sum insured. Liability issues will be discussed, including reference to important case law, and cover for livestock diseases will be explained. A session on Engineering risks is also included, and delegates will have the opportunity to discuss any other covers of interest (e.g. Hail, PA, Cattle Passport, etc.).
The course will be highly interactive with delegate participation and engagement throughout. This half day course consists of two 90 minute on-line sessions with a break in-between.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at brokers already handling commercial insurances, or anyone who wishes to gain a basic understanding of the needs of farmers and the main features of farming insurances. Participants will be gain an understanding of how insurers underwrite the key sections of a farming combined policy.
At the end of the webinar delegates will be able to:
- Identify & understand the different types of Farms & associated activities
- Become familiar with common farming buildings machinery & produce
- Explore the Property underwriting issues & cover available
- Discuss an appropriate way of arranging BI cover and to calculate a sum insured
- Discuss the cover available for livestock, including animal diseases and sheep worrying
- Gain an understanding of liability issues
- Identify Engineering inspection and insurance risks
- Formal presentation
- Questions and break-out exercises
- Supplementary materials will be provided post-course
- At all points in the course, explanations will be supported by appropriate case law and statute.
Evaluation of Understanding
- Open forum question and answer session
- Scenario analysis