In House - Webinar
Introduction to Autonomous Vehicles
Price on request
About the course
“In 20 years, driving a traditional car will feel like riding a horse on the highway today”.
Autonomous vehicles, driverless cars or self-driving cars are not a thing of the future
– they are already in development.
This technology is revolutionary and has the potential to change the way we commute. The development of autonomous cars is changing not only the way we buy and use cars but also our cities, economy, society, and the environment.
The disruption in the automobile industry has led to many of the major automobile players entering this space. Its great potential has even caught the eyes of the major technology giants who are developing their own prototype vehicles. Autonomous driving will bring many advantages which are not just limited to consumers – to name a few, it will help reduce pollution and emissions, make road travel safer, and make urban spaces more effective.
As the industry grows and transforms itself, we must grow our knowledge and expertise in this space to understand the risks and ensure that our regulatory, governance and business framework is adapted to the changing risk profile of the industry.
This 90-minute insurance webinar will look at how technology is transforming road travel, the types of technology being used, how it will impact motor insurance, legal liability and the consequent opportunities and challenges for motor insurers and related organisations. We will also cover the risks and limitations of using such technologies. The webinar will also serve to inform delegates on the very latest technological and legal developments in this area.
This course is being delivered by London Market Training Ltd in partnership with Intrepid Tech Ventures Ltd.
Who should attend?
- C-level, Senior Management/ Executives and managers in Insurance and reinsurance across all business areas.
- Service providers to the insurance industry.
- Brokers, agents and other intermediaries who wish to have a better understanding of data, data analytics, AI and the insurtech landscape.
- First line and second line employees of insurance companies working in claims, underwriting, pricing and customer services.
This 90 mins webinar will provide the audience a 360-degree view of this rapidly growing phenomenon of autonomous vehicles. Participants will learn:
- what are autonomous or driverless vehicles and how do they differ from normal vehicles
- what factors have led to the rise of these autonomous vehicles
- the possible impact of autonomous vehicles to the insurance industry
- certain legal considerations of autonomous vehicles and their consequences on the insurance industry
- the different types of hardware and software (Big Data and AI) used to develop a driverless car
- the risks and challenges of using this technology
- possible new sources of revenue for the automobile industry
- the regulatory landscape around data and AI for autonomous vehicles