In House - Webinar
Intermediate Level Property Insurance and Property Owners Cover
£700 + VAT
About the course
This live on-line interactive insurance webinar aims to increase your knowledge of the elements of property insurance and the requirements that a property owner may need if they either own or rent property. This could be as a home or business owner or a domestic or commercial landlord.
Within the course we will take a close look the different types of property risk that a broker or underwriter may encounter. We will look in detail at the various covers available and what can be done to ensure that sums insured are adequate. We will also examine the procedures around property claims and the contractual obligations that need to be considered.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is working in the insurance industry within personal lines or commercial insurance. This course will be of particular interest to those who deal with or will be dealing with property owners’ insurance. This is an intermediate course which is most suitable for those who have some experience in working within insurance.
- To better understand what is covered under a property policy and help guide the client to an adequate sum insured
- To gain a greater understanding of the construction of property and the hazards that may affect it
- To have a greater understanding of what the underwriter is looking for and how they make their decisions on accepting cover
- To have a greater understanding of risk management and disaster planning in property insurance
- To understand better what the claims process is and any legal or contractual implications that may apply
- The types of property that needs insuring
- Property construction & security, the good, the bad and the downright ugly
- The level of cover available to the property owner
- How the underwriter views the risk
- Setting the sums insured correctly – what needs to be considered
- Making the claim – claims conditions, warranties and exclusions
- Risk management and disaster planning