By the end of the workshop participants will be able to write concise, precise and readable English, use vocabulary, tense and sentence construction to achieve the required style and tone of the document, write in a style appropriate to the readership of the document, plan and prepare notes, organise and structure materials into a logical and helpful order, use layout to improve presentation, write clear, understandable and logical correspondence as well as actually evaluate the written document.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those who wish to develop their skills in written communication including letters, e-mails, memos and reports. It will help people who are new to business writing as well as those who wish to perfect their skills.
- assessing your communication style
- characteristics of a well written business document
- effective communication
- effective composition
- style, tact and tone
- clarity and conciseness
- vocabulary, verbs and punctuation
- misuse of language
- paragraphs and layout
- business Correspondence
- the writing process in 10 easy steps
- Stages involved in writing a letter
- preparation and planning
- collection of information
- sorting the information
- writing letters for different purposes
- evaluating the written document
- Structure of a document
- proofreading tips
- Personal action plan
- workshop review and appraisal