In House - Classroom
Advanced Communication Skills for the Insurance Sector
£1200 + VAT
This course takes communication skills to a new level in a sector where communication is a key feature in success or failure. It will look at how our attitude affects our response and how to deal with situations, how to communicate confidently and calmly, how to defuse confrontations, complaints and pressured situations and how to assess people’s state of mind.
The course includes role-play exercises to ensure comfort and confidence with techniques learned.
Who should attend?
All those who wish to develop enhanced communication skills and be better able to deal with situations requiring diplomacy and tact.
We look at attitudinal and environmental issues and techniques for listening, communication and managing situations and developing proactive and confident response skills.
The course focuses on:
- building rapport in difficult situations
- communicating confidently and calmly
- verbal communication techniques
- how to interpret and use body language
- managing our own responses
- conversation management and negotiation techniques
- managing expectations
- understanding emotions and trigger points
- handling problems and different behaviours – taking ownership and getting the win/win and attaining a positive outcome
- avoiding taking things personally
- handling verbal aggression and “put downs”
- how to say “no” when you can’t say “yes”