In House - Webinar
Introduction to Haulage and Logistics
£700 + VAT
This live on-line interactive insurance webinar is designed to introduce delegates to the issues of transporting goods around the world. In particular, it considers a haulier’s liability and common conditions of carriage. It goes on to discuss warehousing liability and the role of a freight forwarder. Finally, there is an examination of the key features and limitations of a Haulier’s Liability Policy.
Please note: This module does not include details of Marine Cargo insurance – see separate workshop.
There will be two 75-minute sessions with a break of approximately 30 minutes between each session.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at brokers and underwriters already handling commercial insurances, or anyone who wishes to gain a basic understanding of the logistics of transporting goods. Participants will gain an understanding of how liability can be incurred by the various parties involved in the process.
At the end of the webinar delegates will understand:
- What is meant by “Logistics”?
- Haulier’s Liability
- The main features of common Conditions of Carriage
- Warehousing liability
- Freight Forwarder role and liability
- Key elements of a Haulier’s Liability Policy
- Formal presentation
- Questions and break-out exercises
- Supplementary materials will be provided post-course
- At all points in the course, explanations will be supported by appropriate case law and statute.
Evaluation of Understanding
- Open forum question and answer session
- Scenario analysis